First off a big thank you to Ckckred from Cinematic for nominating this blog for the ‘Blog of the Year 2012 Award’! I’m honoured that you included my blog in your nominations.
Now this award comes with a set of rules as presented here:
-Select the blogs you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012 Award’.
-Write a post and tell about the blogs you have chosen and present them with their award.
-Please include a link back to this page and include these rules (do not alter the rules or the badges).
-Let the blogs you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the rules with them.
-As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
There are so many great blogs out there that it was hard to choose some to nominate, but after a while spent thinking about this two names just kept on jumping out at me, and they were Head in a Vice and Mettel Ray Movie Blog.
-Head in a Vice for having built a fantastic blog with a great community. There always seems to be things going on at this blog; whether it’s a IMDb Top 250 review, a new Desert Island Films article, or just a general review, I always seem to be reading something new and interesting here.
-Mettel Ray Movie Blog for having an excellent visual design and consistently engaging content. The recent blogathon ‘My Movie Alphabet‘ consumed far too much of my time, but was great fun and generated some fantastic work which I urge you to check out if you haven’t already.
If there’s anyone out there that doesn’t already know these two blogs then start clicking the links because they are both great!
Now I must thank Tyson from Head in a Vice for nominating me for ‘The Very Inspiring Blogger Award’! I really appreciate this and have thoroughly enjoyed being able to contribute to his blog!
Again this award comes with rules:
– I have to display the award’s logo on my blog.
– I have to link back to the person who nominated me.
– I have to list seven things about myself.
– I must nominate some other bloggers, link to them, and then let them know that I have done so.
OK so here are seven facts about myself:
– Earlier this year I spent a day being an extra on the set of The Haunting of Harry Payne.
– On a recent trip to Iceland I was walking down the side of a volcano when I began speeding up and then broke into a full on run. I’ve never run so fast in my life and I don’t really know how I got out of that relatively unscathed.
– The first film star that I ever fell for was Lea Thompson in Back to the Future, that was when I was about ten years old and was shown the film for the first time.
– I’ve met Pierce Brosnan’s stunt double.
-I write in my spare time and one day will sell a screenplay.
– The greatest time I have ever had in a cinema was when seeing Skyfall on its release date; the buzz and audience reactions during the film made it an incredible experience and one which I can’t see being topped any time soon. Runners up would be seeing Jaws and Psycho during their re-releases.
– I’m currently on a personal mission to see every film that these three actors/actresses have ever been in: Julianne Moore, Tom Hardy, and Marion Cotillard.
OK and finally here are my nominations for this award:
For all of those that I have nominated, I do not mind if you ignore this or choose to act on it, it’s cool either way.
Thanks for reading!